Saturday, July 25, 2009

Harrisenism...

With school having crunched into my hang-around-the-house time in the mornings, many times over the past two months, I have been on the road to class before Harrisen climbed out of bed. I've shouldered my fair share of mommy-guilt over my absence, but it's all worked out pretty well. Daddy rocks the breakfast. He uses a lot more syrup than I do.

This morning, Harrisen rolls out of bed (our bed. At some point each night, he ends up between us. Co-sleeping really stuck with that kid.) He, with his mess of tousled curls and flushed sheet-lined cheeks, bee-lines to me standing in the kitchen and gleefully says:

H: "Mommy! I am so happy you are here this morning!"
M: "I'm so happy you are here this morning, Harrisen!"
H: "Are you kidding me? I'm always here when I wake up."

1 comment:

  1. The "Are you kidding me?" is what really gets me. That kid is going to rule the world someday.

    I had such a good time tonight hanging out with you and your lovely family, listening to a great band and drinking a DEE-licious chai latte. We should do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete